Jason De Guzman's photos (Imagine Nation)

From Jason:I had a different feeling about this one.

When I first saw the assignment on our worksheet, it didn't register immediately that the couple getting married was Ariel and Karen of Blushing Bride, one of our favorite wedding coordinators. To my mind, they've always been a couple. They're always sweet, even during the tense moments of a wedding, calling each other "Honey". When it did hit me, I felt both nervous and excited. They make such a beautiful couple, both being former models, and I knew this wasn't our typical wedding shoot.

Their supplier friends came in full force to help out too. The make-up was done by Cherry Pacheco-Uy, Threelogy provided their usual wacky antics and an awesome on-site video, catering by Josiah's, hosting by Monique Lopez, the list goes on and on. We were in venerable company.

What I didn't expect was how much I'd be blessed that day as I listened to Ariel and Karen share their life stories, both before and after they met. Aside from modeling, they share a common love for Jesus, and they shared how both their lives have been transformed as a result of knowing Him. I found myself near tears several times. I went home that day with a greater appreciation of just how much God blesses those who love Him. Wow!

To Ariel and Karen, we are truly blessed to have heard your story and witness the fulfillment of God's promise to both of you. May your life together be filled with more testimonies of just how good God is. Thank you for the friendship and the trust. 'Till our next wedding!

Shot with Jayjay Lucas and Riz Candazo for Imagine Nation

No comments:

Post a Comment